Tag Archives: Worcestershire
The magnificent and historic Hanbury Hall was the venue for the premier DAN exhibition of the year which was held again at this prestigious venue. This was a showcase for the best of local talent which was displayed in the Long Gallery attracting large number of visitors.
Chairman of DAN Malcolm Wakeman was delighted with the success of this year’s event said:
“In access of 1000 people visited our six day exhibition to view the wonderful works that were on display. We were all delighted with the amount of interest shown by visitors and over the six days there were 77 transactions of paintings, cards and other art items. The annual DAN exhibition has become a favourite for the many visitors to the National Trust’s Hanbury Hall and we look forward to holding the event again next year.”
Droitwich Arts Network (DAN) ran events as part of the Droitwich Summer Festival for a number of years, and ran its first separate Arts Week in May 2016.
- To provide opportunities for all members of DAN to showcase their skills and work
- To engage the general public in a wide variety of artistic activities, increasing footfall in the town
- To enable members of the public to learn and experience a wide range of art forms
- To encourage all sections of the community to attend public events
- To generate a sense of social well-being, and pride in Droitwich and its rich heritage
- To break even financially
- Events provided by DAN members, and totally under our control.
- External artists and performers commissioned by DAN, paid or free, under our control.
- Third party events that the organiser agrees to include in our programme. No cost and low risk to DAN.
A theme for 2017 will be John Corbett’s 200th birthday.