Tag Archives: ArtsFest 2017
The DAN meeting on the 2nd August 2016 agreed that Rhys Jones would head up the arts festival planning, and on 18th of October 2016 it was agreed to form a Planning Team. The roles are:
Co-ordinator Rhys Jones
Overall responsibility for ArtsFest 2017. Chair of the Planning Team. Sign off significant applications for grants and sponsorship deals. Work with individual event organisers and review proposed events.
Artists & Performers Peter Hawkins
Identify organisations and individuals who represent various forms of arts and crafts in and around Droitwich. Consider their potential to perform, demonstrate, teach, coach, etc.
Venues Justine Humphries
Identify possible venues (indoors and outdoors) and points of contact, in and around Droitwich. Consider their potential for different kinds of events.
Droitwich Arts Network (DAN) ran events as part of the Droitwich Summer Festival for a number of years, and ran its first separate Arts Week in May 2016.
- To provide opportunities for all members of DAN to showcase their skills and work
- To engage the general public in a wide variety of artistic activities, increasing footfall in the town
- To enable members of the public to learn and experience a wide range of art forms
- To encourage all sections of the community to attend public events
- To generate a sense of social well-being, and pride in Droitwich and its rich heritage
- To break even financially
- Events provided by DAN members, and totally under our control.
- External artists and performers commissioned by DAN, paid or free, under our control.
- Third party events that the organiser agrees to include in our programme. No cost and low risk to DAN.
A theme for 2017 will be John Corbett’s 200th birthday.