The Artist of the Month: Julie Hunt
Julie Hunt won the trophy for the Best Artwork at Hanbury Hall exhibition 2016. Her colour pencil drawing delighted all visitors with cute subject and perfect execution. More »
Westacre School pupils present their design for the Mural 2016
Westacre School pupils designed the Mural 2016 with the theme of Edward Winslow, his journey on Mayflower and his relationship with Native American chief. More »
DAN annual exhibition at Hanbury Hall
Each year DAN members hold an annual exhibition in the prestigious venue, Long Gallery at Hanbury Hall. More »
Yarn Bombing 2015
In Summer 2015 DAN members and local crafters organised a yarn bombing project in the Victoria Square in Droitwich. More »
The magnificent and historic Hanbury Hall was the venue for the premier DAN exhibition of the year which was held again at this prestigious venue. This was a showcase for the best of local talent which was displayed in the Long Gallery attracting large number of visitors.
Chairman of DAN Malcolm Wakeman was delighted with the success of this year’s event said:
“In access of 1000 people visited our six day exhibition to view the wonderful works that were on display. We were all delighted with the amount of interest shown by visitors and over the six days there were 77 transactions of paintings, cards and other art items. The annual DAN exhibition has become a favourite for the many visitors to the National Trust’s Hanbury Hall and we look forward to holding the event again next year.”
On Wednesday, 12 October the charity fashion show will be held at the M&Co clothing shop in St Andrews Shopping centre in Droitwich. The event has an aim to raise funds for Droitwich Arts Network in which way future cultural and artistic activities of the network will be supported.
As DAN is a hub for local professional and amateur artists, these funds will be used in organising ArtsFest in 2017, as well ongoing projects. It is crucial to maintain the calendar rich with various events throughout the year, and it is possible only with the support of DAN members and the public.
The fashion show starts on Wednesday at 6.30pm and the tickets can be purchased in the M&Co shop or the Meetbox. Ticket price is £5. Tickets must be presented at the entrance.
Drinks and snacks will be provided, as well as the raffle (£1 per ticket) with lots of interesting prizes.
M&Co, St Andrews Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8HE
Droitwich Arts Network (DAN) ran events as part of the Droitwich Summer Festival for a number of years, and ran its first separate Arts Week in May 2016.
- To provide opportunities for all members of DAN to showcase their skills and work
- To engage the general public in a wide variety of artistic activities, increasing footfall in the town
- To enable members of the public to learn and experience a wide range of art forms
- To encourage all sections of the community to attend public events
- To generate a sense of social well-being, and pride in Droitwich and its rich heritage
- To break even financially
- Events provided by DAN members, and totally under our control.
- External artists and performers commissioned by DAN, paid or free, under our control.
- Third party events that the organiser agrees to include in our programme. No cost and low risk to DAN.
A theme for 2017 will be John Corbett’s 200th birthday.